When you decide to build a new home, you’re forced to place your life in the hands of your home builder. After all, the decisions your home builder makes and the skills they employ will influence how your family lives for years and years to come! You need to feel confident about your final choice, and the key to confidence is research. So before you hire your home builder, interview your top choices and ask them anything and everything. If you aren’t sure where to start, check out our top 30 questions to ask your home builder . . .
Top 30 Questions to Ask Your Home Builder
- How many years of home-building experience do you have?
- How many homes have you built?
- Have you built homes in this area before?
- Have you built homes in a similar style to the house I want you to build?
- Are you familiar with local building codes?
- Are you licensed and insured? Can I have copies of these documents?
- What are your professional qualifications and credentials?
- Do you only build homes from plans you supply? Can I provide my own plans?
- Who will oversee my home’s construction?
- Do you use subcontractors? Are they insured?
- Who will I be able to contact with my questions and concerns during the home-building process?
- How many other homes or projects will you be working on while you’re building my home?
- How will I access the home during construction?
- How often can I access the home during construction?
- Can I inspect the work as it goes up and request changes?
- What are the standard features you include in a home?
- What options and upgrades will I have?
- How will you waterproof the foundation of my house?
- How will you ensure that my house has proper ventilation?
- What filtration system do you use in the homes you build?
- What energy-saving features do you include in homes you build?
- How long will it take for you to complete the home?
- How will you determine the exact cost of my home?
- When will you determine the cost of my home?
- How do you handle costs above the estimate?
- How do you establish fees? Are there any additional fees I should know about?
- Can I view a sample contract?
- What kind of warranty do you offer? Can I have a sample copy?
- Can you provide me with references (past clients)?
- Can I see your portfolio?
These questions should form a great outline for your interviews. However, feel free to ask any other applicable questions you have, especially those relating to personal concerns or specific desires that you have for your future home. Also, be sure to contact the references that the home builder provides to ensure that the builder’s past customers are very satisfied with their homes and the service they received. This may seem like a lot of work, but it will be worth it in the end. Do whatever it takes to ensure that your new house will feel like home.
If you’re planning to construct a new home and you live in southwest Missouri, give the Bailey Company a call. We’re a premium construction company based in Springfield, Missouri, and we’d be happy to tackle any home project you throw at us, including the construction of a new home. You can reach us at 417-887-6177 or click here to request a free quote.
With great pleasure we will be able to establish to you iphone monitoring software if your neighbor. I will assume that he is a hamster. If he not against. It is also possible to establish cell phone tracking software so he wouldn’t learn about it.