These days, instead of moving on to someplace new right away, many families are choosing to improve their current homes. If you’re interested in freshening up the most important living spaces in your home, explore the possibilities offered by remodeling and renovating. You can make major changes (tearing down walls, ripping up flooring materials) or minor adjustments (painting walls, replacing hardware) to improve your home’s value, enhance its appearance, and boost its functionality. To help inspire you, today we’re exploring some of the top 2015 remodeling trends.
2015 Remodeling Trends
- Bring Down the Walls: Realtors always say that it’s the kitchen that sells the house. Opening up your kitchen to the dining room or living room is the best way to dramatically change the look and feel of your home. It can also make a small kitchen feel larger. If you’re worried about losing cabinet storage space, installing an island is a popular choice. In addition to storing extra pots and pans, it can also be used for entertaining, schoolwork, and extra eating space.
- Forget Traditions: Just because a blueprint states that a particular room should be a formal dining room, that doesn’t mean that that is the best fit for your family. A big trend this year is to simply forget traditions and customize your space, making changes that fit your family’s wants and needs. For example, maybe your formal dining room should become your children’s playroom. Or if you’re an empty nester, you may want to transform an empty bedroom into the craft room of your dreams.
- Cutting-Edge Kitchens: Technology seems to be integrating itself into every aspect of our lives and now you can include it in the kitchen. Appliance manufacturers are making it easier than ever to get dinner on the table. GE now makes Wi-Fi enabled ovens that allow you to preheat on your drive home from work or check the meat thermometer from your sofa. LG refrigerators also let you add items to your grocery list through a touch screen on the front panel, and when you’re ready to go shopping, you can download your list through an app.
- Fifty Shades of Gray: E.L. James may be partially responsible for ousting beige as the old standard palette for neutral tones throughout a home. These days, designers are opting for shades of gray like charcoal, gunmetal, and ash. The color gray is said to promote calmness and sophistication. Depending on the shade, it is versatile enough to work with playful colors for a baby’s nursery or deep and saturated colors in a masculine den.
- Metallics: White, silver, chrome, and stainless steel have all been commonly used in kitchens and bathrooms for years. However, 2015 remodeling trends prove that these days it’s all about warmer metals like copper and oil-rubbed bronze. Metals can easily be incorporated into your kitchen or bathroom by upgrading the faucets, handles, and knobs. Another option is to add hammered sheet metal as a backsplash in your kitchen.
- Bathroom Sound Systems: Surround sound has been popular in living rooms for decades, but now it’s all about that bass….in the bathroom! More and more remodels are including built-in sound systems in the bathroom that are remote controlled. So throw out your clunky clock radio, and get ready to enjoy your favorite tunes while you relax in the bathtub.
- Water Efficiency: Energy-saving appliances hit the market several years ago, but they have quickly become mainstream. Now water-saving fixtures like low-flow toilets, showerheads, and faucets are gaining in popularity. The EPA has made it easy for you to find these products by searching for the WaterSense label (which is much like the Energy Star label on appliances). In choosing WaterSense fixtures, homeowners can enjoy a lower monthly water bill. Plus, some water districts offer rebates to customers that buy low-flow fixtures.
– – – – –
Are you ready to start your next remodeling project? If you live in or near Springfield, Missouri, call Bailey Company at 417-887-6177 for your next remodeling project. We would love to discuss your options with you!
With great pleasure we will be able to establish to you iphone monitoring software if your neighbor. I will assume that he is a hamster. If he not against. It is also possible to establish cell phone tracking software so he wouldn’t learn about it.