If you’re hoping to spruce up your space this year but you’re not sure how to do it, then you’ve come to the right place! Today we’re looking at what’s hot and happening—putting a spotlight on 2014 remodeling trends. Some are sweet and simple, others are bold and pricey. So whether you’re hoping to update your kitchen, your bathroom, or a room in between, I hope that at least one of these 2014 remodeling trends sparks your imagination. Let’s get to it!
2014 Remodeling Trends
1. Open Shelving. Tear down those upper cabinets! This year, you’ll find that many homeowners are choosing to install open shelving. It’s a modern, sleek option that gives the illusion of more space and lets homeowners show off their beautiful plates, glasses, and bowls. While they keep their bottom cabinets for unattractive stored items, the top cabinets are removed and replaced with floating shelves. Although this is one of our most popular 2014 remodeling trends, it does require a little more work: you’ll have to keep your tableware and glassware straight and neat, and you’ll also need to dust those open shelves from time to time.
2. Glass-Front Cabinets. If you like the idea of open shelving but you don’t want to be constantly dusting, consider glass-front cabinets. You can still display the contents of your shelves and the glass will give the illusion of more space.
3. U-Socket Wall Plugs. Standard electrical outlets are no longer cutting it. Why stick with basic receptacles when you could install a U-Socket wall plug? Fitted with USB power ports, U-Sockets are perfect for recharging cell phones, digital cameras, tablets, and more.
4. Gorgeous, Modern Showers. If there was a bathroom popularity contest, showers would win the prize this year. Since most adults prefer showering to bathing in a tub and many people are choosing to avoid tubs altogether, we’re seeing a lot of speciality showers. Rain shower heads, wall-less showers, and curb-less showers are just a few of the more common shower renovation design details.
5. Stand Alone Tubs. Although there will be fewer tubs overall, those who do want to include bathtubs amongst the most popular 2014 remodeling trends are choosing stand alone tubs. Some of these tubs are quite sculptural, while others are classic and claw-footed. So if you can’t imagine a bathroom without a bathtub, why not choose a bathtub that makes a statement?
6. Bright Colors. Speaking of making a statement, although natural shades will be popular as always, don’t be surprised if you see a lot of bright and bold colors as well. Cobalt blue, zesty yellow, and ravishing magenta are some of the most coveted.
7. Water Conservation Features. Especially in areas where droughts are a concern, plumbing fixtures designed for water conservation are jumping in popularity. High-efficiency toilets are the most common, with many homeowners choosing green toilets that are tankless or wall-mounted for a modern look.
8. Glamorous Accessories. In small doses, expect to see glittering, glamorous, gorgeous accessories. Think gilded picture frames, metallics and jewel tones, layered fabrics, and sparkling mirrors.
If you’re on the hunt for home projects, I hope some of these 2014 remodeling trends tickled your fancy. Have fun remodeling!
With great pleasure we will be able to establish to you iphone monitoring software if your neighbor. I will assume that he is a hamster. If he not against. It is also possible to establish cell phone tracking software so he wouldn’t learn about it.